This tutorial will be helpful for beginners to install NVIDIA Driver 510.47.03 on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS, Ubuntu 18.04, and Linux Mint.
Nvidia released a new Production branch version 510.47.03 for the Unix systems which includes FreeBSD, Solaris, and Linux (Linux x86_64/AMD64/EM64T)
Nvidia 510.47.03 Linux Changelog
- Added support to the GPU NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050
- Added support for Vulkan 1.3
- Fixed a driver installation failure on Linux kernel 5.17 release candidates
- Added support for the VK_KHR_present_id,VK_KHR_present_wait, VK_KHR_shader_subgroup_uniform_control_flow extension.
- Added support for the VK_KHR_format_feture_flags, VK_KHR_maintanence4 extension.
- Optimized the Vulkan fullscreen presentation path for X11 and direct-to-display swapchains
- Fixed several issues which caused the supported-gpus.json file to contain incorrect product information.
For the complete changelog refer to the URL
How to Install NVIDIA Driver 510.47.03 on Ubuntu / Linux Mint?
Step 1: Make sure the system is up to date
sudo apt update -y && sudo apt upgrade -y
Step 2: Add the NVIDIA Proprietary GPU Drivers PPA
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:graphics-drivers/ppa
Step 3: Update the repository
sudo apt update
Step 4: Install the NVIDIA Driver 510.47.03
Once the update is completed, open the “Software and Updates” app to install the Nvidia driver using GUI or type the below command to install from CLI
sudo apt install nvidia-driver-510
Step 5: Reboot the system to load the drivers and verify drivers are working post-reboot.
From this tutorial, you have learned how to download and install Nvidia Driver 510.47.03 on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS and Linux Mint.
Do let us know your comments and feedback in the comments section below.
If my articles on TipsonUNIX have helped you, kindly consider buying me a coffee as a token of appreciation
Thank You for your support!!