This tutorial will be useful for beginners to install qBittorrent 4.3.2 on Ubuntu 20.04, Ubuntu 20.10, and Linux Mint 20.1.
qbittorrent is an open-source BitTorrent client designed as an alternative for the popular client Torrent written in Qt5.
It is using the libtorrent-raster library, which means it supports all operating systems Windows, Linux, macOS, and FreeBSD.
What’s New in qBittorent 4.3.2?
- Allow to add root folder to torrent content
- Fix broken sorting on some columns, availability per file value, the status of torrents without metadata
- Bump version to 2.6.2
- Don’t try to remove folders for a torrent without metadata
- Option for supporting internationalized domain names
- Correctly save paused torrent state
- Remove unnecessary restriction on input length
- Drop support for building with libtorrent < 1.2.11
- Add ability to use ‘shift+delete’ to delete torrents
- Updated Russian, Italian translation
For a detailed changelog refer to this link
How to Install qBittorent 4.3.2 on Ubuntu / Linux Mint
2 ways we can install qBittorrent in Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Via Official PPA
- Via Flathub
Method 1: Via Official PPA
Step 1: Add the official PPA
Step 2: Update the repository and install qBittorrent
Method 2: Via Flathub
Step 1: Install Flatpak
Refer to the setup steps based on your distribution for installing Flatpak on your system.
Step 2: Search for qBittorent
Step 3: Install qBittorent using flatpak
Step 4: Run the qBittorent