This tutorial will be helpful for beginners to install HPLIP 3.20.9 in Ubuntu 20.04 LTS, Ubuntu 18.04 LTS, LinuxMint 20, and Debian 10.4.
HPLIP – HP Linux Image and Printing, developed by HP for Printing, scanning, and faxing with HP inkjet and laser-based printers in Linux platforms.
The recent version of HPLIP 3.20.9 contains a new printer’s support and added support for Debian 10.4, Linuxmint 20, and OpenSuse 15.2.
HPLIP 3.20.9 Changelog
Support for New printers
- Linuxmint 20
- OpenSuse 15.2
- Debian 10.4
- HP LaserJet MFP M234dw
- HP LaserJet MFP M234dwe
- HP Color LaserJet Managed MFP E57540dn
- HP Color LaserJet Managed Flow MFP E57540c
- HP Color LaserJet Enterprise MFP M578dn
- HP Color LaserJet Enterprise MFP M578f
- HP Color LaserJet Enterprise Flow MFP M578c
- HP Color LaserJet Enterprise Flow MFP M578z
- HP Color LaserJet Managed E55040dw
- HP Color LaserJet Managed E55040dn
- HP Color LaserJet Enterprise M554dn
- HP Color LaserJet Enterprise M555dn
- HP Color LaserJet Enterprise M555x
How to Install HPLIP 3.20.9 in Ubuntu / Linux Mint?
Step 1: Download the installer file from the Sourceforge site or use the below command
Step 2: Change the permissions for the installer file
Step 3: Install HPLIP 3.20.9
Follow the on-screen instructions, provide the basic info to build the HPLIP on your system, once the setup is completed unplug and plug the printer and start the printing.
Uninstall HPLIP 3.20.9
To uninstall the installed version of HPLIP 3.20.9 we have to use the same installer file for uninstallation since we don’t have, use the below commands to extract the contents for a run file.