OBS Studio a Free and open-source software for Video recording and Live Streaming, it is available for Windows, Linux, and Mac.
OBS released a new version 26.0, with many features, Bug-fixes, and improvements.
This tutorial will be helpful for beginners to install OBS Studio 26.0 in Ubuntu 20.04, Ubuntu 18.04, and LinuxMint 20.
OBS Studio 26.0 Changelog
- Added Virtual Camera, allowing you to use the OBS output as a camera in other apps on your computer. Support for other operating systems will be added in future versions when they’re ready
- Added a Source Toolbar to allow easy access to relevant controls for the currently selected source.
- Added media controls to allow controlling playback of media/VLC sources on the source toolbar when a media source, VLC source, or slideshow source is selected
- Added the ability to take screenshots of the previews, sources, or scenes with hotkeys
- Added a log viewer when going to the Help menu -> Logs -> View Log menu item
- Added a percentage toggle checkbox to the volume controls in advanced audio properties
- Added more audio capture support for BSD operating systems
- Added the option to disable antialiasing for text sources
- Added a right-click context menu option to projectors to make a specific projector always on top of other windows
For a detailed changelog refer OBS studio GitHub page
How to Install OBS Studio 26.0 in Ubuntu 20.04 / Linux Mint 20
Step 1: Add the Official PPA
Step 2: Update the repository
Step 3: Install OBS Studio 26.0