Audacious an open-source with Qt-themed interface and a lightweight audio player, Audacious runs on Linux, BSD derivatives, and Microsoft Windows.
This tutorial will be helpful for beginners to install audacious audio player 4.0.5 on Ubuntu 20.04, Ubuntu 18.04 & LinuxMint 19.3
This release contains important fixes for the 4.0.x series.
Audacious 4.0.5 Changelog
- Fixed UI freeze when asterisk key was pressed
- Fixed an exception when reading a large APE tag
- Fixed a crash on exit when plugin settings open
- Fixed a crash when scrolling with curl 184.108.40.206
- Fixed album artist not being displayed for .m4a files
- changed the default CDDB server to gnudb.org
How to Install Audacious 4.0.5 in Ubuntu / Linux Mint?
Audacious doesn’t have official PPA for installing the player, Unofficial PPA contains the latest packages for Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 18.04, Ubuntu 19.10 & Ubuntu 20.04.
Step 1: Add the Unofficial PPA
Step 2: Update the repository
Step 3: Install Audacious player
Uninstall Audacious 4.0.5
To remove the audacious 4.0.2 use the system package manager or run the below command