MyPaint is a fast, free, and opensource software similar to Coral Painter, It is for digital painters with a focus on painting rather than image manipulation or post-processing.MyPaint is available for Multiple operating systems Microsoft Windows, Linux, and macOS.
The latest version of MyPaint is 2.0.1 and is a bugfix release and no new features are added but with few improvements.
This tutorial will be helpful for beginners to install MyPaint 2.0.1 in ubuntu 20.04 LTS, Ubuntu 18.04 LTS and LinuxMint 19.3
Changelog in MyPaint 2.0.1
- Fixed the Rounding error bug
- Fixed the HSV/HCY brush dynamics in 2.x mode
- Updated the translations
- translations in the brush editor now work for the app images
- AppImages sizes are reduced to less than 9MB
- App image can launch now external editors
- Windows builds performance improved
- invalid SVG icons have been fixed
How to Install MyPaint in Ubuntu / LinuxMint?
2 ways we can install MyPaint in Linux
- via Flathub
- via AppImage
Method 1: Via Flathub
Step 1: Setup Flathub in your system before proceeding by using this guide
Step 2: Install MyPaint using Flathub
Step 3: Run MyPaint
Method 2: Via AppImage
Step 1: Download the AppImage in your system from the download page or use the below command in the terminal.
Step 2: Provide execute permissions
Step 3: Run the MyPaint app image